Turner Safety- class information
OSHA 30 HR Course – SIGN UP NOW by calling Steve at 510-364-6010 or 510-364-6010.
Next Classes – September 22nd, 23rd, 24th
This class covers Federal CFR 1926 and Cal OSHA Title 8 Sec 1500 standards in greater depth. Superintendents and Foremen will benefit from the additional class time. They will learn effective ways to CONTROL HAZARDS at their jobsites including valuable knowledge on What to do if OSHA Inspectors arrive on your job. The course electives offered are: OSHA overview, Recordkeeping, Emergency Plans, Multi-Employer Liability, Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Electrical Safety, Cranes & Rigging, Material Handling, Haz-Comm, PPE, Confined Space, Power Tools- Electric- Pneumatic and “powder actuated”. Basic Fire Safety, Ladders/ Stairways, Trenching and Safety Heavy Equipment, Concrete & Masonry, Lock-Out/ Block-Out and other construction standards. Upon course completion students will receive OSHA Certificates and wallet cards for the 30 HR designation. The next class is December 10th, 11th& 12th.
This promises to be our biggest and best class ever. Come join us ! The $595 price is DISCOUNTED when you sign up early (see home page for details).
**Classes must be paid 2 weeks in advance. Missed and/ or re-scheduled classes with less than 2 weeks notice are subject to $150 re-scheduling fees per person.
Fall Protection – Competent Person Training classes
Class Dates – see home page – Start time is 9 a.m. Class ends between 2 and 3 p.m. Class Location is 9131 San Leandro St.- Unit 210 in OAKLAND, CA 94603
2008- Fall Protection Safety – Competent person- systems & equipment – $300 per person – *** $50 discount for 8 or more students. *** We will hold this class in English only. The course includes hands on demonstrations. This class is perfect for construction workers and industrial applications. We will cover Cal OSHA’s Fall Protection Standard 1670 and how the standard applies to Construction and General Industry. We will also address FED OSHA regulation-1926.550 and the new ANSI Z359.1 changes to equipment-
We’ll demonstrate how to set-up an anchor point and lifelines on a roof. Harness inspection, adjustment, of safety harness, lanyards, Self Retracting Lifelines, Fall Restraint/ positioning systems and rescue procedures will be covered.
The class is 6 to 8 hours depending on the size of the class. Upon course completion, students will receive a wallet card and certificate.
The 10 HR Course-SIGN UP NOW by calling Steve at 510-364-6010 or 510-364-6010.
This class covers Federal CFR 1926 and Cal OSHA Title 8 Sec 1500 standards. Students learn the fundamentals of Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Trenching/Excavation, Tools & Equipment, Scaffolding, Cranes and more. The program is designed for foremen and crew leaders who are responsible to oversee safety on the jobsite. Each class is tailored to meet the students interest. In other words, if the majority of the class are carpenters and laborers, we will cover Fall Protection, Concrete/ Masonry, Scaffolds. Ladders, Power Tools & Electrical Safety. If the class is predominantly Ironworkers, we will put a special emphasis on Steel Erection, Cranes, Rigging and Hi-Reach equipment such as Scissor Lift and Boom-Lift. We will adapt the class to fit the students greatest needs. All participants will receive written course materials and a Cal OSHA Pocket guide for the construction industry. They also get a wallet card for the 10 HR Certification.
Pricing 10 HR OSHA class- $250. per person. See home page for discounts. Special offers may apply. CLASSES with less than MINIMUM participation (10) may be rescheduled. All classes must be paid in advance and cancellation fees will apply for less than 2 weeks cancellation notice. Students will be placed in a future class if they cancel with less than 1 weeks notice on the 10 Hr Class and 2 weeks on the 30 HR Class. Minimum participation requirements are subject to change without notice.
Missed and/ or re-scheduled classes with less than the required 1 or 2 week notice (described above) are subject to $150 re-scheduling fees per person.
MORE SAFETY COURSES
Turner Safety is proud to announce a new service for our customers. -We now have Aerial Boom Lifts, Scissor Lifts and 2 types of Forklifts available for immediate OSHA training and certification. If you have a crew of people or just 1 employee that needs training and certfication, we can help. These services are reasonably priced and a discount is given for more than 8 people. Rotating classes are held monthly and when you sign up and pay in advance, you can take advantage of the group price. These classes take 2 to 4 hours depending on the size of the class. You can also schedule practice time on the equipment for an additional fee. The training school is located at 9131 San Leandro St. Oakland, CA 94603 near the Oakland Coliseum. All students must call in advance- no walk-ins. Price is $250 per person – $50 discount for more than 8 people We train according to OSHA and ANSI standards. Spanish Translation is available.
We offer on-site OSHA compliant safety training in the following topics for both General Industry and Construction related business. Call for pricing- 510-364-6010
- Fall Protection Competent person- systems & equipment – $150. per person
- Scaffolding Competent person- systems & equipment – $175. per person This class will prepare all trades in understanding the hazards of modular scaffolding, swing stage and rolling scaffolds. We will hold this class in English and provide Spanish translation where necessary. The course includes a hands on demonstration of building a scaffold, ladder attachment and inspection techniques. This class is perfect for construction workers and industrial applications. This class will prepare all trades in understanding the hazards of modular scaffolding for most commercial and residential applications.Carpeneters, laborers, masons, ironworkers and electricians all use scaffolding and must be familiar with the Cal OSHA 1644 Standard for Construction. Instructors will focus on proper set-up and inspection procedures. Students will learn to solve problems and design their own platforms as well as stairway and ladder access issues. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion and a wallet card.Material Handling Safe Lifting – all applications – $call for pricing This valuable course teaches employees how to lift heavy loads safely and what it means to work ergonomically. Students also learn how to use material handling equipment such as dollies, carts, pnuematic hoists and pallet jacks. Basic safe lifting training starts with “HOW TO LIFT SAFELY” using 2 people and how to avoid a serious back injury by pre-planning. It’s all about technique so sign up today and get a free flex & stretch exercise guide and demonstration !!
- Rigging Safety – $200 per person
- Ladders and Stairways-all applications – call for pricing $
- Electrical Safety and lockout block out – $200 per person
- Confined Space- Permit and Non Permit – $125 per person
- Excavation and Trenching OSHA – $150 per person
- CCO Certified Crane Training – call for pricing $
- Crane Signaling – $200 per person
- Certified Forklift Training – call for pricing $
- Scissor Lift – $200 per person
- Aerial Boom-Lift – $200 per person
- Tools Pnuematic Nail Guns and powder actuated – call for pricing $
- Fire Protection Safety – call for pricing $
- Personal Protective Equipment – call for pricing $
- HAZ Comm and Prop 65 Right to Know courses – call for pricing $
- Heat Illness – call for pricing $
- Respiratory Protection and fit-testing – call for pricing $
- Fleet Safety defensive driving – call for pricing $
- Flagger Safety Traffic Management – $75
- Supervisor Management Safety Behavior courses – call for pricing $
All training classes are subject to class size minimums. Call or e-mail us for additional details. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Crane Certification CCO- Written & Practical Testing- ALL TYPES OF CRANES MOBILE, HYDRAULIC, LATTICE, TOWER CRANE, OVERHEAD-GANTRY Workshop for Written & Practical Exams. Group discounts available. Practical Exam testing at your site or ours. Additional setup fees may apply for on-site coordination and CAD drawings. call for details. Does not include medical exam fees or travel if applicable. Crane Training Itemized charges
- CCO Crane Training- SIGN UP NOW 2-day Prep class for the National NCCCO written EXAM mobile cranes, tower cranes or overhead cranes “ANY” size. $950.00 per person (less any discount). IAI registration fees are extra. Study materials are extra. 4 or more gets a 10% discount.
- CCO Crane Training- SIGN UP NOW 1 day Mobile Crane Prep Class- this class is only for a seasoned operator who is familiar with the OSHA and ASME Regulations and can quickly calculate load chart problems using standard crane charts. $500.00 per person (less any discount). IAI registration fees are extra. Study materials are extra.
The study materials are $100 per person. Competent Crane Operator EXAM study book includes most applicable OSHA and ASME/ANSI standards.
- Registration fees-Mobile Crane Core written EXAM plus 1 specialty exam 165.00
- Registration fees-Mobile Crane Core written EXAM plus 2 specialty exams 175.00
- Registration fees-Mobile Crane Core written EXAM plus 3 specialty exams 185.00
- Registration fees-Mobile Crane Core written EXAM plus 4 specialty exams 195.00
- Registration fees-Tower Crane written EXAM- Without current mobile crane certification 165.00
- Registration fees-Tower Crane written EXAM- With current mobile crane certification 75.00 (includes updated certification card)
- Registration fees- Overhead Crane written EXAM- Without current mobile crane certification 165.00
- Registration fees-Mobile Crane written EXAM- With current mobile crane certification 75.00 (includes updated certification card)
- The Practical EXAM skills fee is 350.00 per person for the mobile crane test and 500.00 for the tower crane.
- Registration fees 65.00 for the application. There are no study materials involved since it is purely a test of the operators skill.
- Please remember to get your physical examination requirements out of the way. A current physical must be submitted with the application. A current DOT physical is sufficient.
CRANE CLASSES with less than MINIMUM (15) participation may be rescheduled. All classes must be paid in advance and cancellation fees will apply for less than 10 days written cancellation notice. Students will be placed in a future class if they cancel with less than 10 days notice. Minimum participation requirements are subject to change without notice.
Fork Lift Certification class $250 per person. 15 or more get discounts call for pricing $. San Francisco- Bay Area only. Out of area travel charges will apply. CLASSES with less than MINIMUM participation (10) may be rescheduled. All classes must be paid in advance and cancellation fees will apply for less than 1 weeks cancellation notice. Students will be placed in a future class if they cancel with less than 1 weeks notice. Minimum participation requirements are subject to change without notice. Missed classes and rescheduling of classes with less than 1 weeks advance notice are subject to additional charges. E-mail us with questions about our FORKLIFT CLASSES or call 510-742-7460